Friday, November 22, 2013

Little Mama

Emery has become quite the Little Mama lately both to her little brother and to her "baby" that she got from Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman for her 1st birthday. We kind of held off on letting her play with her baby doll in hopes that giving it to her right before Erik was born would be good preparation for when the real baby showed up at home. At first she didn't show much interest in her baby doll, but we would practice holding the baby, and being soft with the baby, and stuff like that. Ever since Erik got here she has really taken a liking to her baby doll and totes it around everywhere. She sleeps with it, feeds it, holds it, kisses it, and her baby doll apparently likes to swing and sit in Erik's carseat when he is not using it.
Emery has had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to Erik's feeding schedule because she knows when he is eating that Mom can't just get down and play with her. This has been our biggest challenge so far and sometimes it causes her to act out while Erik is eating just to get my attention. I've figured out that when I sit down to feed Erik I always ask Emery "where is your baby?" She will immediately head to her room or wherever her doll is at and bring it back and all of us sit on the couch together, I hold Erik and she holds her baby. :) It has really helped most days for her to have a "baby" of her own. Emery also loves to hold her baby brother, she will sit down next to me on the couch and pat her hands on her lap until I lay Erik down there for her. Emery also gets very concerned when she hears Erik cry and will frantically start searching for a binky to shove in his mouth if he is within her reach. I can already tell they are going to be best friends and nothing makes me happier.
Emery swinging her baby - I love how she whispers to her in the beginning of the video and then gives lots of kisses :)
 


She likes her baby to be swaddled just like Erik

Feeding her baby


Trying to comfort her brother with his binky

Snuggles


More snuggles

We spend a lot of time trying to get closer
 
And sometimes we get so close we almost sit on his head
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment