His stats were:
Weight: 12 lbs - 94%
Height: 22 inches - 66%
Head Circumference: 15 1/2 inches - 75%
Erik has started smiling and cooing when you talk to him and I think I even see a dimple just like his Daddy and big sister. I am in love with this stage where they start to respond to things you do and recognize your voice. He has even rolled over from tummy to back already! I was so shocked when it happened that I was convinced it was a fluke! After he did it 4 times in a row I decided I better record it so his Daddy could see it too! And of course for the grandparents :)
He is currently eating about every 3-4 hours and at night he is sleeping just the same. He has given me a couple 4 and 5 hours stretches which has been nice! His sister loves on him as much as she can and sometimes its a little too much and he gets mad. He actually smiled at her today while she was babbling to him - probably one of the cutest things I could have seen as their mother. I just know they are going to be the best of friends.
Just a few updates on Erik, not because they are super exciting, but because this is my journal and I want to document it for us to remember the little things that happen.
At about 3 weeks old Erik has his first ultrasound on his tummy because he was throwing up a lot and the doctor was concerned with a problem in his stomach. We were relieved to get the results back and know that they were normal and that we just have a baby who likes to spit up :) He was not a fan of the ultrasound until they gave him a bottle of sugar water to see how his stomach was functioning when he was eating, he didn't mind that too much ;)
Erik left the hospital at birth a little jaundiced and unfortunately it hasn't improved, it has actually gotten worse as time goes on. Apparently, breastfed babies are more prone to jaundice and sometimes babies who get an overabundance (remember 1 pound per week) of breast milk it can actually make it worse, which is our little Erik's case. He has now been tested 5 times for his bilirubin levels and will be tested again on Friday to see where his levels are at. Erik's doctor has had me stop nursing :( since last Friday in hopes that having him on formula, instead of breast milk, will bring down his levels and get the jaundice under control. So in the meantime I am pumping in hopes that eventually I will be able to go back to nursing him. After we get the results on Friday we will decide what the next step will be. I feel so bad for the little man having to get his heel pricked every single week at least once, and he also wakes up from naps and sleeping with his eyes completely gunked up with this dark yellow crusty stuff. When he cries or his eyes water it is almost always a dark yellow color :( it makes me so sad, but they said I shouldn't worry about it that it is just a probable side effect of the jaundice. I can't wait for it to be solved!
Even with all these little things we have been dealing with he is such a sweet, happy, little dude. He pretty much only cries when he is hungry or needs to burp or be changed. We've only had one night where he had what I would call a "fussy" night - which makes us pretty lucky parents! We are so in love with our little man. Here is the usual picture update of what has been going on lately!
Even with all these little things we have been dealing with he is such a sweet, happy, little dude. He pretty much only cries when he is hungry or needs to burp or be changed. We've only had one night where he had what I would call a "fussy" night - which makes us pretty lucky parents! We are so in love with our little man. Here is the usual picture update of what has been going on lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment