As expected Emery has had a little bit of an adjustment period with the arrival of baby brother, but we are actually getting over it pretty quickly. She still has her moments, which usually come when I am feeding Erik and I can't give her my full attention, but she has started to ease up on those little tantrums lately, so we are making progress. In the past few days I have really noticed Emery warming up to Erik and really starting to pay attention and love on him when she has the chance. She is constantly laying down next to him when he is laying out on the floor, she kisses him every chance she gets, she loves to play with his fingers and toes, we have started learning the parts of the face and so she loves to point to his nose and ears when we ask. Emery also loves to fake cry when Erik is fussing, adding to the craziness of it all, but its kind of cute because she acts very concerned for her little brother when he cries. We have the pack and play in the living room and I am constantly catching Emery trying to climb in and hang out with her brother. She loves to look through the mesh of the pack and play and she sits and stares at his while he sleeps. We are staying very busy and some days I'm lucky to get a shower or eat lunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Friday, November 1, 2013
Life at our house
Things have been pretty crazy around here lately with the arrival of our little man - but we are surviving :) In the craziness of it all, I have actually noticed that I have been forced to be more organized and productive in order to keep my sanity with two kids around. My days usually go by pretty quickly trying to keep up with an energetic toddler and a newborn. Guy is at school or work most of the day, but he does make it home for dinner each night and usually is able to help put Emery to bed before he heads back to the library or goes to work. Depending on how my nights go with Erik, Guy has been getting up with Emery in the mornings if she wakes up before he leaves and getting her breakfast so I can have a little extra time to sleep in. I'm grateful for all his hard work and help as we adjust to a little less sleep and a busy new schedule..
As expected Emery has had a little bit of an adjustment period with the arrival of baby brother, but we are actually getting over it pretty quickly. She still has her moments, which usually come when I am feeding Erik and I can't give her my full attention, but she has started to ease up on those little tantrums lately, so we are making progress. In the past few days I have really noticed Emery warming up to Erik and really starting to pay attention and love on him when she has the chance. She is constantly laying down next to him when he is laying out on the floor, she kisses him every chance she gets, she loves to play with his fingers and toes, we have started learning the parts of the face and so she loves to point to his nose and ears when we ask. Emery also loves to fake cry when Erik is fussing, adding to the craziness of it all, but its kind of cute because she acts very concerned for her little brother when he cries. We have the pack and play in the living room and I am constantly catching Emery trying to climb in and hang out with her brother. She loves to look through the mesh of the pack and play and she sits and stares at his while he sleeps. We are staying very busy and some days I'm lucky to get a shower or eat lunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
As expected Emery has had a little bit of an adjustment period with the arrival of baby brother, but we are actually getting over it pretty quickly. She still has her moments, which usually come when I am feeding Erik and I can't give her my full attention, but she has started to ease up on those little tantrums lately, so we are making progress. In the past few days I have really noticed Emery warming up to Erik and really starting to pay attention and love on him when she has the chance. She is constantly laying down next to him when he is laying out on the floor, she kisses him every chance she gets, she loves to play with his fingers and toes, we have started learning the parts of the face and so she loves to point to his nose and ears when we ask. Emery also loves to fake cry when Erik is fussing, adding to the craziness of it all, but its kind of cute because she acts very concerned for her little brother when he cries. We have the pack and play in the living room and I am constantly catching Emery trying to climb in and hang out with her brother. She loves to look through the mesh of the pack and play and she sits and stares at his while he sleeps. We are staying very busy and some days I'm lucky to get a shower or eat lunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment