Well I finally cracked down and decided to transition Emery to her twin bed. I found these things called "magic bumpers" on Amazon that are foam bumpers you slip under the fitted sheet so that they don't roll out of bed. They work like a charm! She can climb over them easy to get in and out, but they don't slide around so she never rolls out of bed when she is asleep.
I think I expected the worst so when all was said and done I have to admit it was pretty easy!! The first night took us 1 1/2 hours to get her to sleep because she kept getting out of bed and just crying at her bedroom door. I would let her cry for a few minutes and then put her back in bed and eventually she just wore out. The next day I expected her to repeat the whole process and she didn't - she fussed for like 30 seconds and then just went to sleep and its been that way ever since! We stick to our little routine - and she does great. As long as she has her 2 blankets and her baby she is happy (not sure why she has her brothers blue fleece blankets on her bed in the pictures). The craziest thing is that she almost treats it like a crib. She never gets up and wanders around and when she does wake up in the morning she just talks and fusses until someone comes and opens her door and lets her out. We have only found her asleep on the floor once when we checked on her before we went to bed ourselves.
I'm glad we waited a little longer because I feel like she was definitely ready this time around and it made for a much easier transition than expected. It's kind of bittersweet because it makes me realize how big my little girl is getting. The next big step is to get her to stay asleep with her brother in the crib on the other side of the room :) We are going to make that transition here in the next day or so - wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment