Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

We were so excited for Halloween this year - at least excited to dress up the kiddos. My husband always talks about one of his favorite childhood memories being the little Halloween "meals" his mom would make them - with a menu of Halloween themed treats, I can't wait to be able to do this when the kids are a little older.
But for now we had fun choosing their costumes and participating in a couple of the festivities. Although I've never seen Star Wars (I know I know...) my husband was apparently a big Star Wars fan when he was little so when we saw the Princess Leia & Yoda costumes online we knew we had to get them. I thought they turned out so cute! We were able to go to the trunk or treat at the church, but we only lasted a short time because Emery had a little bit (or huge) meltdown and so we left before they even started handing out candy.
On Halloween day we were able to go to the law school's trick or treat that they put on every year for the students who have kids - it was fun! Once Emery realized that everyone was giving her candy she was a perfect angel! She held a sucker in one hand, and a snickers bar and her bucket in the other hand, and went around looking cute for everyone. The funniest part was she thought that everyone was passing out candy so on our way to each room that was giving out candy she would stop by every student/professor/stranger in the halls and go up to them expecting to get candy - it was hilarious. So here are a few pictures :)












No comments:

Post a Comment