Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kids Room

I'm finally getting around to updating the blog again and every time I do I wonder why I don't get around to doing this more often! I love going back through pictures and seeing everything that has gone on in our crazy little lives in the last few months. We have successfully put together the kid's room in preparation for Erik's arrival and although very simple I love how it turned out. When we had Emery we decided to do her room in pink, white, and gray - so to make it easy (and cheap we ARE college students you know) we decided since Emery and Erik will be sharing a room until we get out of law school that we would try to do something that would work for both. So we switched out the pink for orange (gender neutral right?!?) and go with orange, white, and gray. Here's what we have done so far



 
It works out that our kid's names happen to both start with an E (not something we had planned on) and so we can still use all of the E stuff we had for Emery, we just repainted everything to match. The little wall hangings we made out of scrapbook paper, mod podge, and some cricut cutouts that my mother in law cut for us and I think they turned out so cute! And I mean the whole thing cost us like $10 bucks so you can go wrong there!
What I haven't successfully switched over is Emery to her twin bed...yikes! I should have listened to my sweet husband and just stuck with it when we moved into this apartment, but I was a little stressed/hormonal/just really pregnant and it all seemed a little too much at the time.....so that being said my next goal is to switch Emery into the twin bed so Erik will be able to sleep in his crib eventually. When we do make the transition I found some cute white sheets with orange polka dots that I plan to get - just something maybe a little girly for Emery's side of the room. Anyways, Emery loves playing in her room (also not sure how great that will be when she actual has the freedom to roam in there) but we are happy with how it all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment