Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vacation!!! Oregon Coast/Colorado 2012

We recently returned from a WONDERFUL vacation where we were able to spend time with both sides of the family....it was so great to see everyone and I took a bunch of pictures (and stole some from my mother-in-law as well) I won't post them all but I'll try to recap our trip as best I can :)
We flew out of Denver so on the July 30th, 2011 at 1a.m. we packed our little night owl in the car (she was on a terrible sleep schedule and we decided what the heck) and headed off towards Colorado. We had actually purchased plance tickets to go to Colorado from Utah for Thanksgiving last year but Guy injured his knee a month before that and we weren't able to make the trip, so we have been waiting to use these plane ticket points for almost a year. We had until August 11th to use them or we would lose all the money. My mom and sisters live in Fort Collins Colorado so we stopped there for a day and a half and stayed with them and then headed off to the Oregon Coast to spend time with the Zimmerman family. I should mention that Emery was a PERFECT angel on the plane ride and everyone sitting around us commented on how quiet and sweet she was. I was a little stressed leading up to the trip worried about a screaming baby on a plane, but she was great!
Back to Oregon...It was a blast!! We had a beautiful house a couple blocks from the beach and we got to relax, play games, swim in the ocean, eat, relax, eat some more, and tour the town! Can I just say that Guy's mom is like a wonderful cook and she always makes everyones favorite sweets to spoil us when we are together - Guy has this toffee stuff that she makes that he LOVES and of course she had it all ready for him when we got there - what a treat!






We were in Seaside Oregon and as you can see we had a wonderful time! Down in the town center they have some little carnival rides, mini golf, and lots of little fun shops. We enjoyed some time on the beach and the weather was perfect!!! I was given a little surprise birthday party THANKS SO MUCH! It was a fun surprise to celebrate the big 27 - yikes. It was complete with a brownie cake (my fav) and some awesome craft stuff for me to do. Thanks again. Emery and Logan her little cousin spent their beach time relaxing in the tent, they were so cute just zonked while everyone played around.
 Emery has become a little partial to mom and dad and it takes her a while to warm up to anyone she doesn't recognize, and since we live in the middle of Nebraska now she doesn't recognize ANYONE! So we dealt with her shyness and took it in strides :) Guy's mom was nice enough to put up with her screaming (and that is no exaggeration) to let us go see the new Batman movie - it was very nice to get out and I thought the movie was great!
On our way back from the beach we had the chance to stop in and see Guy's Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman in Eugene, OR and spend a couple days with them. His Uncle Eric and Aunt Cherie and their family were also out in Eugene and it was wonderful to see their family as well! Grandma took us to the Oregon Ducks store and got us all decked out with some University of Oregon gear so we can show our Duck pride out here in Husker country. :)
We had such a wonderful time with everyone and can't wait to see you all again at Christmas!!!




We flew out of Portland on August 6th and went back to Fort Collins to spend a few days with my family. My dad flew up from Arizona and it was the first time we've all been together since our wedding (I think). It was so much fun to spend time with my sisters, brother in law and  parents. We had a BBQ for my birthday and my brother-in-law Dave made some awesome hamburgers and my family got me a sewing machine. I'm super excited about all the little projects I can work on while Guy is in school. We also went mini golfing I got two holes in one (again, I did the same thing in Seaside not to brag), we spent an afternoon down at picnic rock by the river in Fort Collins which was really nice. We went bowling and I beat Guy (YES) but we both got smoked by my sister and Dad so I can't brag too much. We went out to eat and played some rock band and just got to hang out and spend time together. It was really nice to be with my family I miss them a lot and had a good time getting everyone together. We got to stay with my Mom and spend some extra time with her which was great. Emery of course got all the attention she could ever want (and more...again the whole not used to anyone but mom and dad thing) and we are so grateful that both our families love our little Emery as much as we do.


We headed back to Lincoln on August 9th and again drove throught the night for Emery's sake and it went very well. We fed her when we stopped for gas and made the trip in about 7 hours or so. We had a great time with both of our families and are so grateful for all they did for us giving us 2 wonderful vacations before school started up. We love you all and can't wait to get everyone together again soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I would've loved to see Guy actually playing that guitar:) - I sure hope he was singing along????

    ReplyDelete