Thursday, August 23, 2012

4 MONTHS!

Emery hit her 4 month mark on August 16th, 2012 and she is such a great baby! She had her check up today with her new doctor here in Lincoln and we both LOVED Dr. Sayer. I was a little hesitant to not have a pediatrician and have a family doctor instead, but I thought he was even more thorough than our pediatrician in Utah so I was very happy and glad we found someone we liked the first time!

Emery's stats for 4 months are:

Weight: 16 lbs 6 ounces - 92%
Height: 25 inches - 72%
Head Circumference 17 inches - 90%

I had to laugh at the doctor when he told me Emery was going to be tall...I literally laughed out loud to which he answered, "I'm serious." Haha she is a little chunkster but he said she is also tall for her age as well and will for sure be taller than me (not hard) - obviously she gets that from her Daddy's side of the family. Emery has been such a joy and we have loved watching her grow so much over the past 4 months...it is crazy to see how many changes happen and how fast they grow up.

Updates:

  • Emery loves bath time - she has officially outgrown and is too long for her baby bath so she loves to splash around in the big tub.
  • She has a new fascination with touching faces - every time Guy or I get close enough her hands shoot straight to our face.
  • She loves it when you sing to her or whistle it makes her laugh and smile every time. I get to fulfill my lifelong dream of pretending I'm a Disney princess and I sing Disney songs to her during the day. At night when I'm rocking her before bed I sing primary songs to her - I love how she looks at me with her big blue eyes when I sing to her.
  • When she wants to cuddle she wants Mom, but when she wants to play Daddy is her favorite.
  • She babbles all the time! Especially when we put her in her car seat and in the car it is automatic you will hear like a 5 minute conversation with herself.
  • She is a stomach sleeper and no matter what we do she always turns over on her tummy to sleep.
  • She has completely given up the pacifier, she refuses to take it so we just got rid of them. She prefers her thumb and always sucks her thumb to put her to sleep.
  • She sits up when you support her a little and you can tell she enjoys the view so I'm looking forward to when she can sit up on her own.
  • She can roll both ways - but most of time if she goes from her back to her stomach she just whines until someone turns her back over...spoiled maybe?
  • We aren't going to start any cereals or solids until 6 months so she is still nursing full time.
  • She got her first cold last week and the runny nose and cough is still hanging on - poor baby I hope she feels better soon.
  • She recognizes Mom and Dad now and has become a little partial - she doesn't like strangers or people she doesn't recognize to hold her...just ask the sweet woman at Church who tried to hold her last week...she let her have it :)
  • Until  last week when she got her cold she was sleeping 8 hours going to bed around 9pm, waking up to eat and then going back to bed for a couple more hours. We are hoping we can get back on this schedule because the last has been rough (on both of us).

I'm sure there are some things I'm missing but most of all we are just so happy that she is a healthy and happy baby. I can't express how grateful I am to be blessed with such a sweet baby - she is the joy of our lives and we love her SO much!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED the update! What a cutie pie!! So glad you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates!!! Super bummed we won't be able to see you guys more :( I'm gonna need tips and tricks on being a mommy and things to get on a budget.

    ReplyDelete