I'm so behind it almost feels silly not to just combine a lot of these posts into one, or skip them all together, but I'm hoping someday (not in the near future I'm sure) that I'll be able to make a book out of my blogs posts from one of those websites....so that being said I'm trying to make sure I do each individual post. I'll try to be better about getting them done on time!!
Emery is growing SO fast! She is getting to be so much fun and does new things every day!
We don't have another doctors appointment until 9 months so I don't have stats, but I'm guessing she is roughly 22 pounds and probably a little taller than she was last time. I swear she grows overnight! She is getting so heavy to carry around in the car seat I'm sure people laugh when they try to see me lift her car seat up into the cart at the grocery store (or maybe they are laughing because once I get it up on the cart I can't see over it) either way it must be quite the sight. I actually ran my grocery cart into a trash can the other day cause I couldn't see in front of me. HAHA it was embarrassing and ya so now for the most part Emery sits in the cart like a big girl and now Mom can see where she is going.
Updates:
Emery is still scooting around everywhere - she is getting pretty fast and has "crawled" a little, but still prefers to scoot for some reason. I think she will start to crawl soon though she is getting so close!
Emery has started to really love bath time. She thinks she can swim and likes to get on her belly and go from one end of the bath tub to the other. Obviously we have to keep a VERY close eye on her cause she occasionally likes to try to drink the water.
Emery is still sleeping well - she goes to sleep at around 7pm and wakes up once or twice and then is up for the day around 7am.
She likes to cuddle in the mornings if she wakes up before Daddy goes to school - we will bring her into bed with us and she lays between us and stretches out both her arms so she is touching both of us. Probably one of my very favorite things in the whole world.
She climbs on everything and everything and everything! She climbs high enough just to fall and hurt herself. We have to watch her 24/7!
Emery is also getting into everything that she shouldn't! She climbs behind couches/chairs, into corners and can't get herself out of, and over and under whatever is in her way. We are constantly getting her out of places where she has gotten herself stuck.
Emery has started recently lifting herself up onto things - the couch, boxes, and she even transfers from one to the other if they are close enough together. Her new favorite is trying to reach Daddy's xbox.
Emery is still difficult during church - she doesn't like to be quiet and she doesn't like to sit still so it is a little bit of a challenge.
Emery has tried lots of fruits and veggies and continues to eat rice cereal every day. Her favorites are bananas, apples, and pears. She also likes carrots, green beans, and peas. She is quite the little eater! She does NOT like the baby food meats! We will have to keep trying with those :)
Emery has two teeth on the bottom now - they are so cute when she smiles! I think she will get the top ones in pretty soon.
She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and her favorite movie is Tangled. When she is getting really difficult I turn on those shows to calm her down a little. She also likes the vacuum and blow dryer when she is a little fussy.
Emery has also started giving kisses :) They are usually open mouth and slobbery, but she goes straight for your cheeks - it is the cutest thing! I guess she gets her chubby cheeks kissed so much that she finally caught on.
 |
| Watching Tangled |
 |
| Getting kisses from Mommy |
 |
| Giving Mommy kisses |
 |
| Getting stuck.....every. single. day. |
 |
| Loves to climb on her car seat |
 |
| Getting stuck behind the chair |
 |
| "Swimming" during bath time |
 |
| Climbing to turn on Daddy's Xbox |
No comments:
Post a Comment