So after we reminisced about our dating, engagement, and the last two years of wonderful marriage we decided that the best way to celebrate was to go to the zoo. Also, there are only so many places we could go that would entertain this little beauty for a whole day :)
So after Guy got out of class on Friday we headed up to Omaha which is about 45 minutes from Lincoln and went to our hotel. We rested a little and then went out to eat at "The Cheesecake Factory" - I love the food there but we had a horrible experience with the service so I won't vent my whole story on here, but needless to say we ended up getting our food boxed up basically as soon as we got it and just ate it at the hotel. We walked around the mall for a while that night and then just hung out at the hotel and watched some football and Parks & Rec :) still our favorite show.
I had planned on getting Guy a surround sound system for our living room that he had been talking about for weeks, I thought it was the perfect plan because he never buys stuff like that on his own so I thought it would be a great surprise. Well....what does my husband do? He decides to go against everything he always does and buys it 2 weeks ago! Ugh...there goes my idea! So anyways, I decided to do something a little more sentimental and I made him a little candy jar to put in his locker at school with "50 Riesens why I love you" here are a few pictures of my little project.
I had planned on getting Guy a surround sound system for our living room that he had been talking about for weeks, I thought it was the perfect plan because he never buys stuff like that on his own so I thought it would be a great surprise. Well....what does my husband do? He decides to go against everything he always does and buys it 2 weeks ago! Ugh...there goes my idea! So anyways, I decided to do something a little more sentimental and I made him a little candy jar to put in his locker at school with "50 Riesens why I love you" here are a few pictures of my little project.
Anyways, it was fun to write down reasons why I love my husband so much and it gives him a little treat to remember us while he is at school :)
Saturday morning we slept in (kinda) and then went to a early lunch at Paradise Bakery..yum!! After that we headed to the Omaha Zoo. We had so much fun!! It exceeded our expectations and we had alot of fun seeing all the animals and the different exhibits that they had to offer. It was really cool how they had it set up with an inside jungle area, indoor desert, cat complex, safari, gorilla/monkey/lemur island exhibits, Madagascar land, aquarium, butterfly pavilion...I mean they really had everything! We were there for almost 5 hours and we still didn't get to see everything...we will definitely go visit again. Emery wasn't super impressed with most of it, but she LOVED the aquarium because the water was so bright and the fish were moving around constantly. We spent quite a while in there and in the shark tunnel and she just took it all in. Guys favorite was the tiger and I think I loved the polar bear the best - and we both agreed that the jungle area was great. It was super humid and we both felt like we were back in Brazil again! :) I will try not to bombard you with pictures because I took a ton! But here are a few of our weekend at the zoo - we had a great time and it was fun to celebrate our anniversary together with our sweet Emery.
We had a great time and I'm sure we will go back soon - Emery will love it when she gets a little older. On our actual anniversary which was yesterday Guy had school so we didn't get to see him much during the day or late evening but we did get a chance to go to dinner. We even had a friend from our ward offer to take Emery so we could have a baby-free dinner!! Thanks Mickelle! Overall it was a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to many more anniversaries together!!


Glad you guys could get out even for an hour! I will watch her anytime! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete